She looks super sweet, but she is tough as nails. Lauren Counterman takes on her 3rd marathon this year. Lauren gets this job done no matter what it takes!!! She surprised herself with a HUGE pr last year, and if weather cooperates this weekend, I truly believe she can do even better. Go Lauren- DIG DEEP GIRL but most importantly ENJOY it!
1) Mantra for this upcoming marathon: “Hard is not impossible” and “Dig deep”.
2) What number marathon for each ? This will be my third marathon, and first one outside of Philly.
3) Particular goals ? My first goal, and most important, is to finish and have fun experiencing a race in a new city. I’ve never been to Chicago, and I want to be able to enjoy it and take it all in as we run through it. My second goal would be to get a PR on time. We know how hard a long race like a marathon can be, and things can change pretty quickly. I think it’s smart to have multiple goals for a race like this.
4) What are you looking forward to most in this experience? Everyone I have talked to about this has told me how great Chicago is and how great the Chicago Marathon is. I have heard the crowd support is incredible throughout the entire course and there are so many people pumping you up through it. I’m really looking forward to experiencing a new city through the race, as well as what it’s like to run a race on roads I have never been on before. I can’t wait to take in all of the energy!
5) And feel free to share anything else:) I’m really exited that I get to go on this journey with two other YSBR team members! After all the laps around the track, I am looking forward to sharing this road with them too.